Tuesday 8 November 2005

Round Six vs Carnegie

A lovely day for cricket and obviously for other things as well as we started off two short again at the toss. Luckily we had a standby show up late and one of the other guys called in a friend.

We won the toss and chose to bat in hot conditions. I said to the openers "Sealy" and "Fearless" that I wanted to bat as long as possible and last out the alloted 36 overs. Something we have been remiss at doing so far this season. We got a good steady start and even though the run-rate was a times painfully slow, I wasn't too concerned with wickets in-hand. Unfortunately things didn't pan out as I'd hoped and wickets tumbled far too quickly and we were bundled out in 33 overs for 75 runs.

Coming out to field it was a novel situation to have 9 fielders to put into positions. Once again I opened with Adi but with a steady northerly blowing we swapped ends. My bowling was a very mixed bag with far too many short balls and the only lame excuse I can come up with is I was at the wrong end :-(

Jason turned in a much improved performance with the ball and his brother Lyndon was a nice discovery with his leg-spin. At 4/30 it looked like we were in with a chance, but with so few runs it only took one batsman to get a few runs and the game was as good as over.

Match details are in ResultsVault.

No comments: